My Favorite Honeybee Books


 

My head, almost literally, is abuzz with honey bee information!

Unfortunately, if you could look into  my brain you would not see cross indexed neuronal file cards, but rather a colorful untidy pile of facts and fancies resembling instead what a five year old pushes under their bed when cleaning up!!!




Here is some of what littered my house before I committed to the idea of getting bees... 


By the way, the Amazon links I give you benefit my old elementary school's PTA, not me :-)
  • Kim Flottum's Backyard Beekeeper is a great go-to book that was given out as part of my "bee school".
  • And that reminds me that, much to my surprise, Beekeeping for Dummies is really good for beginners, too!  
  •  Karl van Frisch's book is an old classic! In fact you can't buy it for a good price on Amazon.  Go to Abebooks to check out used book dealers.  Keep you eyes open and you can get good deals.  Pay attention to the condition descriptions.
  • I haven't read The Way to Bee...I just fell for the title and the price. 
That's it for today.  


 I am a sucker for the gmail bees...can you tell? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment